HAVEN OF POSSIBILITIES
Carinan ning Pamanyulung
Linkages and Opportunities
a. Philippine Normal University (PNU)
City College of San Fernando Pampanga (CCSFP), Philippines and Philippine Normal University (PNU), Philippines explored to enter into a formal partnership agreement based on the foundation of mutual trust for the mutual benefit and development of the two institutions and the promotion of international understanding and good will.
The two institutions resolve to exercise reasonable efforts to promote the following programs:
(1) Exchange of students,
(2) Exchange of faculty and researchers,
(3) Exchange of academic information and publications,
(4) Joint research activities,
(5) Joint organizers of international research conferences
(6) Other exchanges of academic and cultural nature agreed upon by both parties.
b. IBM Philippines Inc.
IBM SkillsBuild is a free education program focused on underrepresented communities that helps adult learners, high school and university students, and faculty develop valuable new skills and access career opportunities. The program includes an online platform complemented by customized practical learning experiences that aim to respond to learners’ needs as they progress through their education and career journeys.
Its corporate social responsibility agenda revolves around three pillars:
- Strengthening education and skills to enable an inclusive and resilient future workforce
- Bringing together the power of science and technology to solve some of the world’s toughest issues
- Building a culture of Volunteering and Giving to scale impact through the IBMer.
IBM SkillsBuild for Job Seekers
It is a free digital platform providing nonprofit organizations and their clients with access to top tier technology content and industry recognized digital badges and certifications. It also provides personalized mentoring, experiential learning and work fairs to support clients in their journey toward work.
IBM SkillsBuild Partnership Benefits
Students will have free access to industry leading tech content, badges and certifications from IBM and online learning experts, including:
- certification prep and free exam vouchers
- IBM digital badges which provide credentials critical to employers.
Badges include: Working in a Digital World, Agile Explorer, Mindfulness, Job Application Essentials, Cybersecurity Fundamentals, Introduction to Data Analysis, IBM Z System Administrator, Customer Service, Web Development, Be an Entrepreneur 6 weeks of a “train the trainer model” from IBM on how to use the platform to drive technical adoption and implementation within your organization
- Ongoing technical support and platform updates from IBM
- Access to granular reporting on learner progress and badges earned with ability to customize learning paths most relevant to learners
- Access to IBM mentors to guide learners’ career trajectory
- Partnership and co-creation of project-based learning opportunities and work fairs for learners
- IBM may consider providing additional cash grants to support SkillsBuild implementation by Non-Profit Organization partners to support activities such as:
- Drive large scale active users on the platform
- Implement project-based learning opportunities for learners
- Incorporation of new content to the platform
- Development of linkages to employment for learners; and
- Marketing & outreach to learners
c. SEAMEO INNOTECH
An exploratory meeting of CCSFP with SEAMEO was held on 13 February 2023 and both agreed to cooperate in offering micro credentials programs, conduct scoping workshops and eventually engage qualified faculty as trainors
In line with this, both Parties seek to establish an operational framework and practical modalities focusing on education development issues such as:
- Sharing knowledge, expertise, relevant information and documentation, studies, research, and best practices in both institutions.
- Identification, design, and as appropriate, implementation of technical cooperation projects, including the exchange of professional staff, experts, lecturers, etc.
- Collaboration, as appropriate, in the implementation of cooperation programs which may include joint sponsorship of forums and workshops, common research, studies and project missions, and related activities.
- Cooperation in other areas that are consistent with the objectives of both organizations and the spirit of this MOU, including education quality improvement, training, capability enhancement, and other key developmental concerns.
d. Luen Thai
The CCSFP Management Team and the L&T Team met on 25 January 2023 at the College AVR for an exploratory conference for possible partnership relevant to employment, training, and community development.
Luen Thai is one of the world’s premier apparel and supply chain services providers, with offices in key cities around the world including Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles, and London. Aside from the Philippines, it also has production facilities in Guangzhou, Dongguan City, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Macau, India, Bangladesh and Indonesia.
Pampanga houses the two manufacturing sites of Luen Thai in the country namely, Golden Dragon Aparrel in the City of San Fernando, and L&T International Group Phils., Inc. at Clark Freeport Zone. Both have been established partners of international and well-known brands such as Polo Ralph Lauren, Levi’s, Carhartt, Dillards, LeSportSac, Uniqlo, Adidas, and recently, Victoria’s Secret, among others.
A plant site visit was conducted to:
- explore possible partnership for the Student Internship Program (SIP),
- identify employment opportunities for CCSFP graduates in the corporation, and
- seek recommendations for curriculum development /planning/ enrichment.
e. North American University (NAU)
The City College of San Fernando Pampanga (CCSFP), in its quest for excellence and in capacitating its personnel and students, embarks on international collaboration with North American University (NAU), a private non-profit, full service university based in Houston, Texas.
The collaboration is aimed to fulfil the following objectives:
- mobility of faculty and/or staff;
- mobility of graduate and/or undergraduate students;
- joint research activities and publications;
- participation in seminars and academic meetings;
- offering and taking of special short-term academic programs; and
- utilizing available resources of both parties to serve dual and/or joint academic programs both in undergraduate and graduate level between corresponding departments.
CCSFP inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with North American University (NAU) in Stafford, Texas on July 19, 2023. The College was represented by City Mayor Vilma Balle-Caluag, President Atty. Gloria Victoria Bañas, City Councilor Dr. Ayzel Mari-Grace Macalino and Vice President for Academic Affairs and International Engagements Dr Melanie Viloria Briones while NAU was represented by its President Dr. Faruk Taban, Provost and VP for Academic Affairs Dr. Halil I. Tas, VP for International Affairs Dr. Serif Ali Tekalan, Assistant Professor Dr. Tawfiq M. Abu-Raqabeh and Assistant Professor Dr. Kanybek Duisheev. According to Pres. Bañas , the agreement “establishes a framework through which the parties can foster and develop cooperative relationship between them through, among others: mobility of faculty and staff; mobility of students; joint research activities and publications; participation in seminars and academic meetings; short-term academic programs; and dual and joint academic programs for students”. This was followed by the bilateral meeting between CCSFP and NAU on July 20, 2023. Both parties agreed on exploring areas of cooperation on possible future student and faculty exchanges.
f. City Social Welfare and Development (CSWD)
In consistence with the thrust of the current administration on social inclusivity and anchored on the direction of the City College of San Fernando Pampanga (CCSFP) in embracing the community college framework, the formative years of Fernandinos can be developed through early education.
The CCSFP’s partnership with CSWD is intended to capacitate the Child Care Providers (CCPs). The project “Kayaduwangan king Edukasyon ka reng Anak a Fernandino” aims to enhance the quality of education being delivered in the City’s CDCs.
MOA signing and project launching happened on February 01, 2023 during the Kaganapan: Cityhood Celebration of the CSFP.
g. ALAY LAKAD Foundation, Inc.
a. Alay-Lakad Scholarship Program
- Applicants must be:
- Out-of-school youth (17 years old & above)
- Certified Fernandino
- Willing to complete chosen course & finish tertiary education
- Barangay Certification indicating the years of stay in CSFP
- CSWD Certificate of Indigency
- Photocopy of Form 137 or Form 138
- Copy of grades (for college level)
- Photocopy of H.S. Diploma (for H.S. Graduate)
- Photocopy of ALS Certification (For ALS Passesrs)
- Photocopy of valid ID
- Two pieces 2 x 2 picture
i. CI-UP Diliman
For the partnership with Confucius Institute, CCSFP launched the first partnership activity on Aug 2, 2023 wherein an orientation was held.
1st project with CI-UP Diliman is Mandarin Training for Teachers, 2 onsite sessions and other sessions twice a week online, 1 & 1/2 hour, completion is on November 29, 2023.